Monday 28 April 2014

Already Managed To Knacker My Pedometer

We've been to Bushy Park today and met up with some other home ed children. Thomas loved it. There are about 2,000 children being home educated in Surrey at the moment according to the Elective Home Ed team (currently one woman) at the county council. So, there's never a shortage of things to do and people to see.

I've had to dump my pedometer. Every time I check, it tells me I've done zero steps. So, either I've actually turned to stone and haven't moved a single muscle, or the pedometer isn't working. As I can wiggle my fingers enough to type, I'll assume I haven't completely seized up. Instead, I have downloaded an app called 'Moves'. It's the one that Facebook has just bought, so it must be good... ;)

Anyway, it's doing a better job of measuring how sloth-like I am. So far, I have done 2,846 steps. Not great. Although, in my defence, I have no idea how many steps I'd done before I downloaded this app. I will need to do some allotmenting (yes, I have just used that as a verb and I don't care <g>!) and perhaps a bit of a stroll this evening. But firstly, I really must finish writing the Hot 100 as it needs to go out tonight.

Ooh! 'Ejector Seat' is on ITV. We did lots and lots of verifying for this one. In fact, we verified over 2,800 questions for it - about the same number of questions as steps I've taken today :D

What's that you say? You'd like to see some of the questions from the Hot 100? Well, OK then. I can't let you see this month's questions, but here are a couple from a previous set.

Enjoy!

1.  Built for the 1958 Brussels World’s Fair, the Atomium in Brussels forms the shape of a crystal of which element?
2. The UAE is a federation comprising how many emirates?

Answers tomorrow :P

No comments:

Post a Comment